Spend quality time at leisure in Venice, ‘Pearl of the Adriatic’, arguably the world’s most beautiful and seductive city, listed in its entirety as a World Heritage Site.
There is so much to do; you will be spoiled for choice. You could visit St. Mark’s Square, the beautiful Basilica, the Campanile, or the Doge’s Palace. Or wander at will through the streets and alleys and enjoy a coffee or ice-cream in one of the charming squares.
And of course no visit to Venice would be complete without a ride on its famous waterways. Tour the Grand Canal in a gondola or vaporetto. Or, if time allows, take a trip across the lagoon to the little islands of Murano, Burano or Torchello.
With your private chauffeur-driven vehicle you will arrive in Venice rested and relaxed, ready to plunge into the delights that this fabulous city has to offer.
For your Venice - Private Tour from Salzburg you can be picked up from your hotel in Salzburg City Center, or alternatively meet your car at Mirabellplatz, whichever is most convenient. You will be chauffeured by a multi-lingual driver/guide speaking German & English. Depending on the size of your party you will travel in a luxury Mercedes E 220 (3 seats) or a mini-van (8-seats).
This is a private tour so the starting time is at your convenience. Try to leave early so you can make the most of this wonderful day tour. The distance from Salzburg to Venice is about 280 km (168 miles).
Your route takes you from north to south through the Alps passing through some breathtaking scenery on the way. Indeed the route from Salzburg to Venice is said to be one of the most beautiful and romantic roads in the whole of Europe.
On reaching Venice a feast of delights awaits you. Here are some suggestions for things to do.
• Ride a gondola on the Grand Canal
• Take the #1 Vaporetto for a Grand Canal Tour – it’s the Venice equivalent of a city bus tour.
• St Mark’s Square: This world-famous square is home to the iconic St. Mark’s Basilica and the distinctive pink and white Doges Palace.
• St. Mark’s Basilica: See the glorious mosaics and marble inlays of the interior. Admire the gem-encrusted altar screen and the glittering contents of the Treasury. (You can pre-book an entry time to the Basilica online and avoid having to wait in a queue.)
• Take the Elevator to the Top of the Campanile (bell-tower) in front of St. Mark’s Basilica. See stunning views including both the Basilica and St. Mark’s Square and get a close look at the big bells. (Avoid doing this on the hour as the sound of the bells will be deafening!)
• Tour the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) including the magnificent Grand Council Chamber, the beautiful Golden Staircase (Scala d'Oro), and the Ducal Apartments. Walk over the famous Bridge of Sighs to see the grim palace prisons.
• Wander the streets and alleys of Venice and absorb the atmosphere of this enchanting city.
• If time allows, you could take a boat trip out to the tiny islands of Murano, Burano or Torchello. Murano is the closest and perhaps the best one to visit if you are pressed for time.
At the end of the day, you will be driven back to Salzburg and dropped at your hotel or, if you prefer, at Mirabellplatz.
Hotel pick-up and drop-off Transportation in a luxury Mercedes E 220 (3 seats) or minivan (8 seats) Multi-lingual chauffeur/guide (German & English)
Entrance fees Food and beverages
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Most popular Salzburg-area attractions