At the site of the Führer Bunker, listen as your guide gives you a step-by-step account of Hitler’s suicide and his last days in the bunker. The guide tells you in detail about Post Great War Germany, the Nazi's rise to power, Hitler's ‘Lebensraum’ Policy and Europe's subsequent destruction.
This tour is a treat for history lovers!
The tour starts from the McDonald’s opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station at 10:00am. Accompanied by a guide, you will embark on a walking tour to visit the following sites:
• Memorial Church: Built between 1891 and 1895 by Kaiser Wilhelm II, the church was a symbol of Prussian unity and a mark of honour for his grandfather, Kaiser Wilhem I. The damaged tower is Berlin’s resolution to rebuild the city after the war.
• Cross of Coventry
• Site of Goebbel’s Propaganda Ministry
• Ruins of Himmler’s SS and Gestapo head quarters
• Stroll along the North-South axis of ‘Germania’ designed by Albert Speer, from the towering Great Hall to the monumental arch.
• Site of Hitler’s New Reich Chancellery
• Führer Bunker
• Follow the route of the Soviet attack towards the final battlefield for the Reichstag and stop before the Soviet Memorial flanked with T34 tanks and Red Army Howitzers.
The tour concludes in U-Bahn station Mohrenstrasse at 2:00pm.
Guide available in English Languages Walking tour
Rail travel between sites (payable locally) Lunch Hotel pick up and drop off
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
I had Barnaby as my guide, if you can request guides I would strongly recommend you ask for him. He was very informative and very interactive with all the tour group. You see a...
Cesar was an outstanding guide...smart, fun and engaging....
United States, 11/May/2016
Kenny was a most informative tour guide, answered all questions put to him and made experience very enjoyable. Would recommend this tour to all who want to catch up on their...
Most popular Berlin-area attractions