Admire the city’s grand 17th and 18th century houses and the magnificent palaces and gardens. View the baroque splendor of Mirabell and see Schloss Hellbrunn, famous for the trick fountains that give unwary visitors surprise showers.
Salzburg is of course Mozart’s city and the composer is widely celebrated here. Visit his childhood home in an old burgher’s house and also view the residence he moved to later in life.
The city was also famously the setting for the ‘Sound of Music’. Fans can find scenes from the film like the gazebo where Rolf and Liesl sang ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ and see the Abbey where the original Maria Augusta von Trapp, whose story inspired the movie, was a teacher.
With 12 convenient stops, your hop-on hop-off tour covers all the main attractions.
This tour is the perfect introduction to Salzburg. Your ticket is valid for 1 or 2 days, which will show you all the main attractions. You can join the tour at any of the stops and redeem your voucher as you board the vehicle. The tour starts at Mirabellplatz 2, next to Mirabell Gardens and University Mozarteum.
On this sightseeing tour, you will travel in a comfortable coach. As you go along, you can enjoy an informative commentary in 9 different languages: (German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Chinese)
Below is list of the 12 stops and some points of interest associated with each.
1. Mirabellplatz (Mozarteum): The stop for the splendid baroque Mirabell Palace and Gardens, and also for the Mozart Square with Mozart Statue and Mozart's Residence – a museum housed in the apartment where the composer and his family lived for a time in Salzburg
2. Ferdinand-Hanuschplatz: Embarcation Point for Salzburg River Cruise and Footpath to the Old Town of Salzburg
3. Herbert-von-Karajan Platz: The stop for Horse Pond, Festival Hall/House of Mozart and St. Peter's Abbey – founded 1300 years ago and one of the most interesting city churches. Also for Mozart’s Birthplace – the apartment where Mozart was born, and where the Mozart family lived for 26 years
4. Stiegl Brauwelt: Stiegl World of Beer Museum – Austria’s only beer museum
5. Schloss Leopoldskron: Leopoldskron Palace – a rococo palace and national monument
6. Alpensiedlung Süd Park and Ride: The embarcation point for Salzburg City Cruise
7. Schloss Hellbrunn: The stop for Hellbrunn Palace, a 400 year old Summer Palace known for its trick fountains, also for the glass Gazebo used in Sound of Music and for Salzburg Zoo
8. Gwandhaus: Gwandhaus is Salzburg’s convention center
9. Nonntal: The stop for Nonnberg Abbey – the oldest women's religious house in the German-speaking world. Footpath to Fortress Hohensalzburg, the 900-year-old fortress that is the city's chief landmark and the biggest and most fully-preserved fortification in Europe
10. Mozartsteg (Imbergstr.): Capuchin Mountain and Monastery, where you can see some of the best views of Salzburg and surroundings
11. Mirabellplatz (Andräkirche): The stop for the neo-gothic St. Andrew's Church, Mirabell Palace and Gardens
12. Salzburg Main Station: Central Station of Salzburg, Statue of the Empress Elisabeth
You can hop off the bus just as you like to go sightseeing and rejoin the tour at your convenience.
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
Everything about it was great
United States, 23/Jul/2019
Good experience. Brought us to where we were interested.
United States, 28/Apr/2019
The hop on hop off hours were too limited and the buses not frequent enough.
United States, 15/Mar/2019
Una buena opción para poder conocer la ciudad. Visitas todos los lugares de interés...
Most popular Salzburg-area attractions