Wander through St. Pauli where the Beatles jumpstarted their career. Become awestruck by HafenCity, Hamburg’s futuristic metropolis. Visit the fish market and haggle over a cod or two! Take a step back in time whilst visiting St. Michaelis church and the Town Hall. Or perhaps you’ll take a romantic stroll nearby the Alster.
Whatever your fancy, this Hop-on Hop-off tour will supply.
On this Hamburg Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour, you have the freedom to plan your own sightseeing itinerary. With 9 stops covering all of Hamburg’s main attractions such as the Fish market, St. Michaelis Church and St. Pauli this tour provides the perfect introduction to Hamburg.
Your ticket is valid for 1 day from when you first board one of the open-topped double-decker buses at Central Station/Kirchenallee. Your ticket allows you unlimited use, meaning you can hop-on and hop-off as many times as you like at any of the designated stops!
• Inner and Outer Alster: The Alster is a picturesque (though man-made) lake running off the Elbe. It is a sight for sore eyes in all seasons, and a favorite spot among locals.
• Town Hall: Hamburg’s old Town Hall was destroyed by a fire in 1842. After 55 years, the new Town Hall was completed with over 647 rooms and was erected on more than 4000 oak poles.
• St. Michaelis Church: St. Michaelis church has the biggest church clock in Germany, with the circumferential measurement of the dial over 24 meters! Its tower, Michel, is 132 meters high!
• Fish Market: Hamburg’s fish market has been in business since the beginning of the 18th century. However, it’s not just fish. You can find a huge assortment of goods in this flea market type atmosphere, from textiles to ornaments!
• St. Pauli: St. Pauli is Hamburg’s entertainment district. Some interesting features include the Star-Club, where the Beatles performed before they became superstars, a football stadium, an amusement park and many fun nightclubs.
• Mönckebergstrasse: Mönckebergstrasse a.k.a. the Mö, is Hamburg’s largest shopping district. Here you'll find supersized department stores and trendy boutiques.
• Jungvernstieg: Jungvernstieg is a more culturally refined shopping area than Mönckebergstrasse. Within the triangular boundaries created by Jungfernstieg, Fuhlentwiete and Neuer Wall you’ll find a wide array of elegant and sophisticated boutiques.
• Hamburg Port: Hamburg’s port is the second largest port in Europe! That makes it also one of the busiest! Imagine, each year over 13,000 ships pass through the blue waters of this unique region. On this guided tour, you’ll discover all of the special places that are part of this unique area.
• HafenCity: HafenCity is a modern urban development project located upon tidal flats. Still in the works, its plan involves state-of-the-art buildings that will house cultural centers, retail and hospitality outlets, inner-city living quarters, parks, squares and waterfront promenades.
Your hop-on hop-off tour ends at any of the designated stops, as per your own convenience.
Hop-on Hop-off ticket Transportation in an open-topped double-decker bus Bilingual guide (English and German)
Hotel pick-up and drop-off Meals Snacks and drinks Entrance fee
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
We felt we got a great explanation of Hamburg by the bus driver.
United States, 10/Jun/2019
Gave reasonable alternatives with little of no pressure to overspend.
United States, 17/Mar/2019
Great experience! Don't miss it!...
We had a limited time in Hamburg and found this did a great job of showing off a beautiful city. We combined it with a harbour cruise and a lake cruise and felt we really had a...
EVERTHING WENT BETTER THAN I COULD HAVE HOPE FOR , THE PEOPLE WERE VERY PLEASANT AND HELPFULL . WE COULD NOT HAVE HAD BETTER DAY IN HAMBURG, THE CITY IS BEAUTIFULL. WOULD HAVE...
United States, 04/May/2015
Most popular Hamburg-area attractions