Summer Season (April- October) : 8:30am to 6:30pm
Winter Season (November -March) : 8:30 to 5:30pm
Timings vary during winter and summer months.
Since this is an outdoor activity schedules might just change sometimes check the frequency and bus operating hours on the day of your tour just to be safe.
Visit Athens & Piraeus attractions of your choice on a 48-hour Athens hop-on, hop-off tour.
Explore some of the most iconic sites of Athens, Piraeus, Athenian Riviera, and fantastic beaches on a 48-hour Combo Hop on Hop off Classic Tour of Athens, Piraeus & Beaches! With 5 separate routes to explore, hop on and off at any of the well-placed stops, along with the shops in one of Greece's largest ports and Athens' glorious coastline. Travel around Athens in an open top double-decker bus, enjoy free WiFi and informative audio commentary in multiple languages!
Some of the main attractions covered by the following 5 routes are:
• Temple of Zeus
• Greek Parliament
• Piraeus harbor
• Athenian Riviera
• Byzantine Museum
• Archaeological Museum of Piraeus
The Happy Train of Piraeus (Summer Season):
The Happy Train of Piraeus takes you on a round trip of one of the most picturesque suburbs of the capital. Embark on a half-hour trip passing by the Municipal Theatre, the Nautical Museum or Pasalimani. Don’t miss out on a stroll round Korai Square, the commercial centre of Piraeus, just a stone’s throw from the Private Yacht Marine. The train rides start from the Cruise ship Terminals and operate only on cruise days, from November to March.
Also included in the Athens hop-on, hop-off tour are 2 walking tours (Summer Season):
• Old City of Athens walking tour: Discover the traditional aspects of the city and its neoclassical buildings on a 1-hour tour. The tour starts at 1:00pm from stop number 2 (orange line).
• Psirri Area & Varnakios Central Food Market walking tour: Explore the urban side of Athens bustling with food markets, taverns, and cafés. The tour starts from stop number 14 (orange line) at 2:00pm.
Hop off the bus at any of the stops to end the tour.
The 4 galleries are:
• The Gallery of the Slopes of the Acropolis: See findings from the sanctuaries on the slopes of the Acropolis, as well as objects of everyday life from all historic periods. Transparent sections of the floor provide views of the archaeological excavation.
• The Archaic Gallery: Houses exhibits from the 7th century B.C. until the end of the Persian Wars in 480/79 B.C.
• The Parthenon Gallery: Admire the frieze of the Parthenon on the rectangular cement core.
• Propylaea, Athena Nike, and Erechteion Gallery: See the coffered ceiling of the Propylaea and the sculptures from the parapet of the Temple of Athena Nike.
Other highlights of the tour: Reliefs of Athenian decrees, impressive portraits, Roman copies of classical masterpieces, and depictions of philosophers and historical figures, from the 5th century B.C. to the 5th century A.D.
Free WiFi on board Hop-on hop-off tour Multi-lingual audio guide in 16 different languages
Hotel transfers Gratuities
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
Easy to use. Great price. I recommend
United States, 24/Jul/2019
Easy to purchase and helpful on-site staff
United States, 19/Jul/2019
ok but not great.. see my comments above
The hop on hope off for the money is definitely worth it except Athens is insane, I would not go back, traffic is crazy!...
Well we have seen a lot of highlights of Athens. However the information given in the bus was not always relevant....
Friendly and professional staff. Very helpfull in explaining the various routes and how to make clever changes to get an optimum result in seeing all highlights of Athens....
Most popular Athens-area attractions