Stroll through the Brandenburg Gate and see the Reichstag (parliament) with its famous new dome. You can also take a Take a quiet moment of remembrance at the Holocaust Memorial.
Your guide will take you past Hitler's bunker, and explain why there is nothing left to see and what happened here at the end of the war. See what remains of the Berlin Wall and follow the ‘death strip’ to Checkpoint Charlie. This tour will give you an insight into Germany’s dark history.
The tour starts from the McDonald's opposite the main entrance to Zoo U-Bahn Station and 'AM to PM' Bar/Restaurant at Hackescher Markt S-Bahn Station. Accompanied by a guide, you will be taken on a walking tour to visit the following sites:
• Hitler’s bunker: Get the final account regarding Hitler’s suicide and the last days spent in the bunker.
• Berlin Wall: It is an iconic symbol of the Cold War; the wall divided east and west Berlin for 28 years.
• Brandenburg Gate: It is a former city gate and one of the most important landmarks of Berlin city. Having stood alone in the Death Strip for 28 years, it now symbolizes the rebirth of the re-unified metropolis – Berlin.
• Reichstag Parliament: It has been riddled with the bullet holes from the last battle in Europe and now crowned with Lord Foster’s glass dome.
• Checkpoint Charlie: It is the name given by the Western Allies to a crossing point between East Berlin and West Berlin during the Cold War.
• Victory Column: The victory column is a famous landmark in Berlin and symbolises Prussian victory in the Danish-Prussian war.
• Potsdamer Platz: It represents the country’s future, German technology and corporate ambitions entering a new millennium.
Once you have completed the walking tour of Berlin’s historical sites, the group will break up and you are at leisure.
4 hour Walking Tour English speaking guide
Lunch Hotel pick up and drop off
The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination. They will happily answer any logistical questions you may have.
The tour guide, Taylor was excellent and certainly knew his history of Berlin. He made the trip fun and informative.
United Kingdom, 10/Aug/2015
Really interesting and informative mixed in with some humour. Our guide, Barnaby, was excellent....
United Kingdom, 30/May/2016
a dull, rainy, cold and wet Berlin tour, but our guide Taylor just put a sunshine on everyone. everything you wanted to know about Berlin well he is your man. the organisation...
United Kingdom, 30/Oct/2016
Brian was our tour guide, was a hot day in berlin and made the whole walking experience fun from start to finish. has a great way of making learning fun, he is so enthusiastic...
United Kingdom, 26/May/2016
Most popular Berlin-area attractions